Throughout her career, Dr. Ulku has been involved in academia and has dedicated her time to research and teaching. She taught as an Assistant Professor in Clinical Dental Medicine at Columbia University, and as attending faculty at Lincoln Medical Center. She has a special passion for treating patients with complicated treatment procedures, including multi-disciplinary orthodontic interventions involving impacted canines, orthognathic (jaw) surgeries, as well as craniofacial deformities associated with cleft lip and palate. She is highly trained and experienced in traditional and alternative orthodontic treatment modalities with metal, ceramic, and lingual braces, as well as clear aligners, i.e. Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen®.
NEW YORK STATE LICENSED
Zeynep Ulku, D.D.S., DMSc
Areas of expertise:
- Standard Edgewise Technique
- Orthodontic and Orthopedic Treatment in Mixed Dentition
- Segmental Arch Technique
- Straight Wire Technique
- Tip-Edge Technique
- Lingual Technique
- Orthodontics for Orthognathic Surgical Treatment
- Orthodontics for Cleft Lip and Palate Patients
- Temporary Anchorage Device (TAD) Mechanics
With the belief in quality work and ultimate respect to the patient, Doctor Zeynep Ulku is licensed by the New York State and is a member of the following professional organizations and societies:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New York State Dental Association (NYSDA)
- Suffolk County Dental Society (SCDS)
- World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO)
- European Orthodontic Society (EOS)
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA)
With international experience and education at the highest level, Doctor Zeynep Ulku offers an enduring approach towards excellence in her practice as an orthodontist as a reflection of her personality. Her childhood wish and lifelong passion to become a dentist have gotten her to a place of accomplished distinction. Doctor Zeynep completed her doctoral degree at Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 2002 and her post-doctoral degree at Columbia University, College of Dental Medicine in 2007.
Doctor Ulku has been living in New York City since 2002. While appreciating the lifestyle and the global restaurant scene of the Metropolitan Area, she is also constantly advancing her knowledge and technical know-how of orthodontic procedures as new techniques become available. She reads, examines, learns, and always applies the best of her knowledge to the service of her patients.
Known as a hard-working and meticulous professional in her circle, Doctor Ulku has also prepared and delivered lectures on various topics in her specialty area, including Early Orthodontic Intervention, Temporary Anchorage Devices, and Early Orthodontic Treatment.
- Harvard University – Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) and Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Department of Growth and Development, Advanced Graduation Education Program and The Forsyth Institute
- Columbia University – Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Treatment Plans that
Work for Good
We treat every patient with diligence and care. Therefore, our treatment plans give results that last for a lifetime.